Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil not pairing

My Apple Pencil won’t connect to my iPad pro 11ib 2nd Gen, it didn’t either with last update 14.6. Bought brand new pen assuming that was the issue and it doesn’t connect just rotates on screen and never shows up under Bluetooth. A reset was done as if it was brand new and still nothing. Is this a software issue? Because nothing else has worked and other things connect to Bluetooth

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:45 PM

mizamary Said:

"Apple Pencil not pairing: My Apple Pencil won’t connect to my iPad pro 11ib 2nd Gen, it didn’t either with last update 14.6. Bought brand new pen assuming that was the issue and it doesn’t connect just rotates on screen and never shows up under Bluetooth. A reset was done as if it was brand new and still nothing. Is this a software issue? Because nothing else has worked and other things connect to Bluetooth"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 9:45 PM in response to mizamary

mizamary Said:

"Apple Pencil not pairing: My Apple Pencil won’t connect to my iPad pro 11ib 2nd Gen, it didn’t either with last update 14.6. Bought brand new pen assuming that was the issue and it doesn’t connect just rotates on screen and never shows up under Bluetooth. A reset was done as if it was brand new and still nothing. Is this a software issue? Because nothing else has worked and other things connect to Bluetooth"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Aug 10, 2021 5:40 PM in response to mizamary

mizamary Said:

"Apple Pencil not pairing: Followed these all previously nothing works"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If this is not being seen, then perhaps this is a faulty device. Do you have this covered under warranty? You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty on this. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if they will service this.

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apple Pencil not pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.