Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental iMessage erasure

Halp!! I am trying to recover a deleted text conversation that I need information from.. accidentally erased that one instead of the one I wanted to. I don’t have another Apple device to follow the instructions I’ve found online..

is there any way I’m not finding?

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 8:46 AM

If you are using iCloud Messages, you cannot recover it. If not, and you have a backup of the device when the message was on it, and you have not backed up the device after deleting the message, you can restore your backup. That should restore the message. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 8:46 AM in response to tipsy162

If you are using iCloud Messages, you cannot recover it. If not, and you have a backup of the device when the message was on it, and you have not backed up the device after deleting the message, you can restore your backup. That should restore the message. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Accidental iMessage erasure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.