Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add second phone number to imessage

My old phone was damaged and Apple asked me to turn off "find my phone." (I don't know whether that is relevant.) I decided to get a new phone, and number, during the repair process. On my new iPhone, both numbers both numbers are registered under my ID. But my iPad mini 3 stopped accepting texts from the old number. On the setting > messages > iMessage screen it lists only my new number (and 2 email addresses. How do I get my old phone number back? I didn't intentionally delete it. Is there a limit of 3? I can remove the checkmark from an email address, but I don't see how to add the number.

Thanks for any help

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 10:09 AM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Similar questions

3 replies

add second phone number to imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.