Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovering audio of a screen recording

i was screen recording a very important 2 hour zoom call and after the call, i watched the recording from my gallery and realised that the audio was not recorded. after researching more about it, i realised that i did not turn on the “microphone” button before screen recording the meeting. may i ask if there’s any way that i’d be able to retrieve the audio? i’m fine with any third party app, i just really need to audio of the meeting because it was really important. someone please help asap! (btw i screen recorded on an ipad)

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 11:13 AM

additionally, i’m very confused as to why the screen recording would not record the call’s internal audio. if i record screen things on my phone without turning on the mic, the sound would still be recorded. is it different on an ipad?

4 replies

Aug 9, 2021 11:35 AM in response to yellow_yackle

It depends on the different apps you could be using. Using screen recording is dependent on additional settings. You should have used the recording features built into Zoom, especially given the screen recording could also record other background sounds. I just checked my iPad, and the microphone is off in Zoom by default. I just did a test of putting the mic on in Zoom. Then closed Zoom and when I opened it back again, then went to screen recording the mic is on. So it seems it saves the last setting. This would be something you would have to turn on. I would imagine that you have turned on the mic on the iPhone one time when you did a recording and it stays that way.

recovering audio of a screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.