Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 14.7.1 issues on Iphone X

Big issues with the 14.7.1 update on an iphone X:

• audio and video not working, on youtube even the ads do not roll, own videos in gallery don’t play, all social media app videos not rolling
  • mic not working
  • speakers on phone not working
  • Apple music not working
  • bugs in Safari
  • sluggy and slow phone
  • quickly warming up so much it starts to feel uncomfortably hot to hold

BUT when connected to a Bluetooth handsfree audio and video all work!

all tried:

• switching on/off BT, airplane mode, etc
  • clearing all settings
  • signing out&in into music/iTunes
  • taking away all installed apps
  • hard reboot
  • factory resetting phone
  • using phone not logged in
  • factory resetting phone and backing up from cloud.

And as it seems apple’s taken away the possibility to downgrade the ios-

so if anybody has any other good tips or tricks that have worked I’d be happy to hear.

this definitely is a software bug, found very little info about this googling, but the little info I found showed that many seem to have problems after this upgrade with these things.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 2:36 PM

12 replies

Aug 23, 2021 2:35 AM in response to richardfromwoodcombe

You may have a hardware problem

First try a forced restart

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that does not help the  next procedure would be to backup then restore your device to factory, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. 

Then restore the backup. 

If you need to send the phone in for repair then backing up and restoring to factory would be needed anyway.

Here is a guide for those steps

Backup and restore (I recommend the computer method if you have one)

(1)How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

Remove SIM PIN if you have set one

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Set up as new from the Hello Screen without restoring backup. Test if the problem still exists

If the problem goes away in the newly set up phone then suspect settings or apps, and in particular VPNs and so-called security apps which should never go near an iphone.

If the problem remains then arrange a repair including details of these tests.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service

(3) When your phone comes back Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Aug 9, 2021 6:13 PM in response to nia0uli

And sorry, forgot to mention that the speakers and testcall (mic/facetime) worked for some minutes after rebooting a couple of the times, as well as the keyboard sounds too and applemusic - they worked until the wifi was turned off and mobilenetwork was used. After this video/audio and apple music only works on BTheadphones.

No downtimes on visited sites/media either while testing, and speed etc on network (both wifi and mobile) just fine.

So it seems hardware works but software bugs. But any tips welcomed.

Aug 15, 2021 5:41 PM in response to deggie

Thanks.

Was hoping and checking if anyone had encountered the same issues or alike in this new update and found some success with tricks with help of support.

(having hands full at work right now but managed to film the process of audio and mics working and then bugging after some other actions after reboots if support has need of such or as if in some supports and help it’s just better to have proof of the hardware working etc)

Aug 23, 2021 1:50 AM in response to nia0uli

did you get this worked out as have exact same issue …..like you even did a full reset without loading any apps and still have no sound and can’t play any videos from any app or photos …..until i read your post was thinking it was a hardware issue but your right if i connect to a bluetooth device video play back starts working …..

Aug 23, 2021 2:43 AM in response to richardfromwoodcombe

I am sending it in this week for a check, I’ll update when I know more.

Wo sorry to hear you have the same problem, I’ve read about this occuring to phones at other sites too so henve I too am here asking as this is the most trustworthy place.

I’ll get back on here when I know something, and please if you get info do that too!

You can see if LD150’s fix works for you, I already tried it before writing here, but best of luck!

Aug 23, 2021 2:51 AM in response to LD150

Thank you for adding this, I have tried it out before writing, and sadly it does kot work.

Sending off the phone to spple for check.

I am writing here and seeing if other users have encountered the same problem also so if other have they might benefit from answers here, and if some solutions have been reached by someone we all could have use of this.

Hardware works with no problem after hard reset, both audio and facetime vid, after starting apple music, or other multimedia apps all stop working if not audio via BT used.

Sorry about the misunderstanding about backing down osx.

Ios 14.7.1 issues on Iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.