You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Airtag be set up on multiple devices?

Can the airtag be set up on multiple devices.

Planing a trip and want to be able to track with the use of 2 iPhones or my watch.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 12:34 PM

COULD WE FIND ONE AIRTAG FOR THE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, OR A CAR FROM TWO FAMILY DEVICES ?

I MEAN BEING ABLE TO LOCATE ONE AIR TAG FROM TWO DIFFERENT DEVICES BELONGING TO TWO DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS/INDIVIDUALS BUT FAMILY MEMBERS

7 replies

Aug 20, 2021 5:35 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Chattanoogan, that's not true with regards to AirTags on MacOS. According to Apple, you can use FindMy on Big Sur 11.1 to locate an AirTag: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211331

Obiviously you cannot do "Precise Location" finding with MacOS because the hardware is not there on any Apple MacOS device (yet) for that. But you can use it to do all other FindMy activities with the AirTag, such as finding it's general location and getting it to play a sound if you're nearby.

Aug 21, 2021 10:15 AM in response to squareman

Thanks, but when I went to look on my Mac this AM … voilà … my airtags were all correctly located.

Don’t know if it was something in the last couple of BigSur updates, or planetary alignment; but all seems to performing well now.

I HAVE however noticed that our iPhone 6s and Xs do NOT provide the “unaccompanied airtag tracking warning” per Apple’s literature. (although the tags themselves DO beep when moved if their paired device is “elsewhere”)

(Meanwhile, a friend’s iPhone 12 does indeed “alert” per description in the literature)

Perhaps that particular feature is hardware dependent (e.g. needs UWB perhaps ?)

Can the Airtag be set up on multiple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.