Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a app to use my pencil

Do I need a app to use my I pencil?

iPad Air, 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 9:48 PM

You need apps to do everything with your iPad. If you mean do you need to install anything for the pencil, no you do not. You just follow the directions to pair your pencil to your iPad and it will work. Certain apps will use the pencil better than others, but it will work for most of your daily clicking and writing. The best thing I can suggest to give you ideas about what you can do with the pencil would be to check out some videos online to get some ideas.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 9:48 PM in response to Kingdomofheaven

You need apps to do everything with your iPad. If you mean do you need to install anything for the pencil, no you do not. You just follow the directions to pair your pencil to your iPad and it will work. Certain apps will use the pencil better than others, but it will work for most of your daily clicking and writing. The best thing I can suggest to give you ideas about what you can do with the pencil would be to check out some videos online to get some ideas.

Do I need a app to use my pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.