Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple cinema display 27” shows up as 24”

Hello!

i bought a used 27” cinema display with Mini DisplayPort.

i Connected it to my Mac mini late 2012 thunderbolt port.

the display works fine but it shows up as a 24” and cant display full resolution. Only displays slightly over 1080p instead of the advertised 1440p.

i’m using Mac OS catalina. Same problem on a windows computer.

what could be the problem here? Should i try with an older version of Mac OS?

i’m sure the display is 27” and not 24”, cant find any part number on the display but the size is 27.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 5:57 AM

When measuring the the display, measure the size of the desktop image diagonally from an upper corner to the opposite lower corner. (Top left to lower right, for example) not the size of the frame.

Also, you might find the serial number on the underside of the display stand. With that info in hand you can plug in the number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ to get the specs of your monitor.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 5:57 AM in response to sander00se

When measuring the the display, measure the size of the desktop image diagonally from an upper corner to the opposite lower corner. (Top left to lower right, for example) not the size of the frame.

Also, you might find the serial number on the underside of the display stand. With that info in hand you can plug in the number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ to get the specs of your monitor.

Aug 10, 2021 9:29 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

No Wonder it shows up as a 24”…

checked the serial now and it is indeed a 24 inch, unfortunatley the seller has tricked me. He posted it as a 27”.

Also I measured including the frame wich is 68cm=27” now i mesaured the panel and it is indeed 61cm=24”.

I must have thought that it was a 27” since the borders make it look bigger than it actually is.

Anyways i Will have to search for a real 27” one instead :)

Thank you for the link and location of serial now i can check it before buying next time!

Apple cinema display 27” shows up as 24”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.