Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone number is being shadowed

How is it possible that my phone number is being shadowed and all social media is being hacked within seconds. Can I get a new IP address?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 6:01 PM

rossi292 wrote:

I have never given it out. I’ve made 3 new emails and passwords to everything. Within minutes I get a notification saying password changed and email changed.

Most likely what is happening is you are getting phishing emails from a scammer or criminal saying your password has been compromised with a link in the email for you to click and enter a password that can then be used by the scammer who sent you the fake email. Never, ever, click a link in an email you receive. To change a password ALWAYS go to the site for the password you want to change and change it directly on the site.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 6:01 PM in response to rossi292

rossi292 wrote:

I have never given it out. I’ve made 3 new emails and passwords to everything. Within minutes I get a notification saying password changed and email changed.

Most likely what is happening is you are getting phishing emails from a scammer or criminal saying your password has been compromised with a link in the email for you to click and enter a password that can then be used by the scammer who sent you the fake email. Never, ever, click a link in an email you receive. To change a password ALWAYS go to the site for the password you want to change and change it directly on the site.

Aug 10, 2021 6:25 PM in response to rossi292

So if they message you all the time just delete the messages. Unless you tell them your passwords they can’t access any of your apps or content.

Your original post said that your phone number is being shadowed. I have no idea what you mean by that, but one phone has one number, and there is no way to view it or “shadow" it. That is a technical impossibility. So if something unusual is happening you need to find a more plausible explanation.

My phone number is being shadowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.