Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Now Playing' on my watch now 'not playing'

The 'now playing' on my apple watch (series 3), paired to an iphone Xr, is now always showing 'not playing'. This started happening a couple of upgrades ago. I am now on 7.6.1 on my watch and 14.6 on my phone.

I have tried:

• toggling the feature off and back on again in the watch ap on my phone
  • turning both phone and watch off and back on again
  • unpairing my watch and repairing

None of these things have worked.

What can I do please? This is one of the features I use most commonly on my watch and I am really missing it.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:36 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2021 9:35 AM in response to jenmarhug1

I had this issue too and it lead me to checking my Bluetooth settings on my watch. It kept showing that my iPhone wasn't connected. I tried to connect it back, but it kept saying that it was incompatible. That then lead me to this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT20502. I noticed that I was seeing the red phone icon in my connection center and couldn't get it to turn green. I had to 'Erase all content and settings' on the watch then re-pair it with my iPhone. Now Playing started to work after that.

'Now Playing' on my watch now 'not playing'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.