Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a flashing folder with a question mark. I've tryed to do this my self but it's not working.

i have a flashing folder with a question mark. I've tryed to do this my self but it's not working.

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 5:59 PM

It generally means it can't find the operating system on the selected boot drive. If it remains flashing ? for over a minute, then that partition needs to either have its directory fixed, or the hard drive needs replacing or the connector for the hard drive needs fixing.

Is your data backed up from it? If not, you will want to take it in for a data recovery first before doing anything.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 5:59 PM in response to yellowrose56

It generally means it can't find the operating system on the selected boot drive. If it remains flashing ? for over a minute, then that partition needs to either have its directory fixed, or the hard drive needs replacing or the connector for the hard drive needs fixing.

Is your data backed up from it? If not, you will want to take it in for a data recovery first before doing anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.