Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 13inch bezel cracked

Bezel on right side cracked. I closed the computer, a 3 month old macbook pro m1 13 inch, all was fine when I opened in the morning I noticed the crack on the left side. I was thinking to purchase from ebay a new bezel strip and just placing it over the original. Before I do this does anyone think that would cause more problems? Best

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 11:46 PM

vaguemoon2 Said:

"Do you think I need a new screen or just to replace the strip? I am teaching on an island off the coast of Turkey it would take too long to send the computer to apple to be fixed, I was thinking to get them to send me a new strip and have it replaced here. Having said this I did contact applecare and they are to call me, I am still waiting. Hopefully they will solve this for me."

-------

Get This Serviced:

You'd new screen, because it is all one piece confined together. So, get this serviced. Rather than Apple: Take it to a retailer, or to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider).

Contacting an AASP:

So, take to to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) seeing if they offer service for this.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 11:46 PM in response to vaguemoon2

vaguemoon2 Said:

"Do you think I need a new screen or just to replace the strip? I am teaching on an island off the coast of Turkey it would take too long to send the computer to apple to be fixed, I was thinking to get them to send me a new strip and have it replaced here. Having said this I did contact applecare and they are to call me, I am still waiting. Hopefully they will solve this for me."

-------

Get This Serviced:

You'd new screen, because it is all one piece confined together. So, get this serviced. Rather than Apple: Take it to a retailer, or to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider).

Contacting an AASP:

So, take to to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) seeing if they offer service for this.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Aug 10, 2021 11:05 PM in response to vaguemoon2

vaguemoon2 Said:

"Macbook Pro M1 13inch bezel cracked: [...]Macbook Pro M1 13inch bezel cracked: Forgot to mention this is the 7th macbook I have owned over more than 20 years and never have I had any problems except battery dying and just plain old age. Is this strip plastic or glass?"

-------

Get this Serviced:

From what you have provided, your bezel has apparently cracked. So, it is time for a new screen. If you have not had this replaced, then it might be replaceable by Apple, free of charge --but that is Apple's call.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this Mac? Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen replaced. Being faulty, it likely would be nothing on you. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

• Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

Aug 10, 2021 11:31 PM in response to TheLittles

Do you think I need a new screen or just to replace the strip? I am teaching on an island off the coast of Turkey it would take too long to send the computer to apple to be fixed, I was thinking to get them to send me a new strip and have it replaced here. Having said this I did contact applecare and they are to call me, I am still waiting. Hopefully they will solve this for me.

Aug 11, 2021 12:21 AM in response to vaguemoon2

vaguemoon2 Said:

"I contacted applecare via chat and I am waiting for them to call my cell. But I was under the impression that the strip was removable and could be replaced and could be purchased from ebay or amazon, but from what you are saying it is all in one? Boy am I confused now."

-------

"Confined":

IOW: It's all a bunch of individual pieces confined to one piece: The screen.

Why Risk a Faulty Device?

So, rather than fiddle with it, wait for Apple to get back to you.

Macbook Pro M1 13inch bezel cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.