Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blank white screen

My apple watch just randomly started showing an only white screen. I've tried trouble shooting with a hard restart but that does not fix it

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:00 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2021 11:08 AM in response to dmish999

Could you possibly be turning on the flashlight? The flashlight on the iPhone is much brighter, but using the watch flashlight is just enough to light a darkened door lock or nearby objects while preserving your night vision. Also, you still have your hand free while using it.

Turn on the flashlight:

Touch and hold the bottom of the screen, swipe up to open Control Center, then tap the flashlight icon.

Swipe left to choose a mode—steady white light, flashing white light, or steady red light.

Turn off the flashlight:

Press the Digital Crown or side button, or swipe down from the top of the watch face.

If not, the first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Aug 11, 2021 11:10 AM in response to javaliga

Hello - the white screen is always there and there is no way to navigate around it. I would not be able to turn on / off the flashlight because you cannot click on any apps or even see the screen.

I did do a hard reset a couple of times now and the Apple logo doesn't appear and the screen is still all white / fuzzy.

Any suggestions?

blank white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.