📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes from my Notes App disappeared

All of a sudden notes from my Notes App have disappeared. I haven't changed any settings or anything in my configuration. The presentation of the app has changed too. Now it has an email account (one of the 6 I have on my phone) and the notes icon below of it. When I check on settings it says that the account is my default. I have not set it up as default. I went ahead and add all the accounts I have to my Notes App and now they show up but with very old notes.

What had happended?

How do I recover my notes?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 11:26 AM

See if this link helps...

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 14, 2021 6:26 PM in response to frazzm737

I have the same issue. Non of the above helped. Around the times notes have disappeared my iPhone had quite full storage, still, I haven’t changed anything, and yet lost hundreds of notes that took 10s of hours to write. Still no luck getting them back. There still is hope I guess since documents and data in iPhone storage still show 35-50mb taken, despite the fact that atm I can only see iCloud notes, and haven’t created any new normal ones.

Notes from my Notes App disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.