Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes when I click Shuffle All

For some reason whenever I click Shuffle All on a playlist iTunes immediately closes. Doesn't matter which playlist.

This follows a recent problem where iTunes stopped automatically playing the next song in a playlist. I never use the Shuffle option, but I read this could be what was preventing iTunes from play the next song. Any suggestions? Thanks.

iTunes 12.11.4.15

Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1110 v21H1

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Perhaps you have inadvertently unchecked the content of the library. Unchecked content is skipped during normal track to track or shuffle play, and can lead to just one track playing at a time. Press Ctrl+A to select all, then right-click and use Check/Tick Selection from the context menu.

See also Play songs in iTunes on PC - Apple Support for more on the shuffle & repeat options.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Waltm

Perhaps you have inadvertently unchecked the content of the library. Unchecked content is skipped during normal track to track or shuffle play, and can lead to just one track playing at a time. Press Ctrl+A to select all, then right-click and use Check/Tick Selection from the context menu.

See also Play songs in iTunes on PC - Apple Support for more on the shuffle & repeat options.

tt2

Aug 11, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Waltm

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Aug 11, 2021 12:26 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you again for the reply. Unfortunately, my iTunes appears to be hosed. I can't reliably check or uncheck songs in a playlist, and the Shuffle Play fights me to the point where iTunes won't let me play a chosen (selected) song, only the song Shuffle Play deems to be next. Is there a way to uninstall/re-install iTunes without losing my playlists?

iTunes crashes when I click Shuffle All

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.