Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silencing 1 specific person calling

Can I silence one specific contacts phone calls? U have them silenced on text. But if possible I also need to silence their calls. Please help. Thanks!

i have an iphone XS

I hope I get an email if someone replies. I’ve never asked a question before. I’ll leave this page open just in case

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:56 AM

5 replies

Aug 12, 2021 5:30 AM in response to nancypants75

Purchase a ringtone from the iTunes store that is just silence. Assign that tone to any contact you want to silence. I find that the easiest way to start is to go to the contact in question, tap edit in the upper right corner, tap on "Ringtone" then swipe all the way to the top and tap on "iTunes Store". Search for "silence" or "silent"

You could also create your own ringtone but, personally, I think the $1.29 you'd spend in the app store is much less of a sacrifice than the time to create the ringtone.

Silencing 1 specific person calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.