Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant remember my password

how to unlock my iphone forgot password

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 5:04 PM

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is no way to find your password from your iPhone, and Apple won't be able to help you unlock your iPhone.

Below are some steps to remove the password from your iPhone. Please note that in this process your iPhone will be set back to factory defaults, meaning unless you have a backup, all your photos, videos, messages, etc will be lost.

If your data is backed up to iCloud, you are in luck. As soon as you reset your iPhone, sign back into iCloud and all your stuff will reappear.

To remove the password on your iPhone

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

To restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.
  2. Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPhone.

You can read more about this here.

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 5:04 PM in response to erica321tan

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is no way to find your password from your iPhone, and Apple won't be able to help you unlock your iPhone.

Below are some steps to remove the password from your iPhone. Please note that in this process your iPhone will be set back to factory defaults, meaning unless you have a backup, all your photos, videos, messages, etc will be lost.

If your data is backed up to iCloud, you are in luck. As soon as you reset your iPhone, sign back into iCloud and all your stuff will reappear.

To remove the password on your iPhone

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

To restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.
  2. Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPhone.

You can read more about this here.

Hope this helps.

i cant remember my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.