Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes password

So, i locked one of my notes, forgot the password and now i cant reset it, i’ve searched up many many times how to reset it, did it, didnt work, i was wondering if there is a specific way i am supposed to do it, if so please reply.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 6:47 PM

There is no way to reset it. If you do not remember the password to the Note, you will not be able to open it. From this support document, How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Bsantilli14

There is no way to reset it. If you do not remember the password to the Note, you will not be able to open it. From this support document, How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.