Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending message to a contact with multiple phones

I have a favorite contact. There are multiple numbers like work, work-cell and personal mobile etc for the contact.

I open the message and in the “TO” I type the name of the contact. It shows the list of matching contact. At the right hand side of the listing there is an arrow. Upon selecting it shows all the numbers and if I chose say personal cell , I don’t find that to be updated. It still defaults to the default contact or other contact number. Is this a bug?

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 2:03 AM

I am really not able to grasp the difficulty faced by you. However, I tried making a scenario and see if this helps. Watch the GIF below

3 replies

Aug 12, 2021 3:25 PM in response to SravanKrA

It was very helpful. Yes you got what my issue was.

What I did not realize was that , the messaging app combines the conversation history across all the numbers within the contact.

I have the close friends and family with the main contact of their name and have wife , son etc in the labels. It was difficult to pick which one I am communicating to. Now since I understand it combines messages for a contact it makes sense.

Thankyou for the amazing support !

Sending message to a contact with multiple phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.