Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I update to Big Sur and Logic 10.6.3 My midi is not working anymore??

How do I get the midi to work again in Logic 10.6.3?

Since the update to Big Sur the midi driver does not work correctly.

I still have the old driver as back-up. Is there a way to throw the new one away and use the old one instead. Or is there a other way to work around this problem?

Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.1

Logic Pro X 10.6.3

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 4:10 AM

What version of OSX did you upgrade from?

What is your MIDI interface?

There have been lots of issues with legacy MIDI drivers and interfaces with the move to Catalina ( 64bit ) and Big Sur. Check with your MIDI vendor support and confirm support for Sig Sur for your device(s). This is a critical first step since the onus is on the Third party vendor to support Big Sur OSX and many are lagging. I have seen an uptick with Midi Issue with since Logic 10.5 ad here are my observations and tips:

1) Make sure ALL drivers are current and supported (Critical )

2) No USB hubs in the data chain to MIDI devices

3) Always start from a cold boot, no wake from sleep

4) No changing of accounts ( logout / login )

5) If using a combination of USB and a MIDI multi-port interface leave Port A open on the multi-port.

These steps solved about 99% of my ( and fellow musicians ) MIDI issues.

Hope this helps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 4:10 AM in response to RuudvanRijen

What version of OSX did you upgrade from?

What is your MIDI interface?

There have been lots of issues with legacy MIDI drivers and interfaces with the move to Catalina ( 64bit ) and Big Sur. Check with your MIDI vendor support and confirm support for Sig Sur for your device(s). This is a critical first step since the onus is on the Third party vendor to support Big Sur OSX and many are lagging. I have seen an uptick with Midi Issue with since Logic 10.5 ad here are my observations and tips:

1) Make sure ALL drivers are current and supported (Critical )

2) No USB hubs in the data chain to MIDI devices

3) Always start from a cold boot, no wake from sleep

4) No changing of accounts ( logout / login )

5) If using a combination of USB and a MIDI multi-port interface leave Port A open on the multi-port.

These steps solved about 99% of my ( and fellow musicians ) MIDI issues.

Hope this helps

Since I update to Big Sur and Logic 10.6.3 My midi is not working anymore??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.