Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 switches to RTT

Yesterday I ran the latest iPhone update. No when on a call my phone switches to RTT mode in the middle of the call and the other person can’t hear me. I checked settings and RTT is off, my friends checked theirs too and theirs is also off. Any help is appreciated.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 11:30 AM

Sneeringpoet,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to hear that you worked with your carrier and the issue appears resolved now.

For the issue with your missed callback, we recommend that you Contact Apple Support for additional help with that.

Have a nice day!

4 replies

Aug 13, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Sneeringpoet

Hi Sneeringpoet,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your iPhone changing to RTT mode. We'd like to help.

Was this the first time this issue happened? If not, does it always happen with this one other person or if it with multiple people? The reason we ask is that RTT has to be enabled on one or both of the phones for this feature to turn on. You mentioned that both devices had this feature off. Did you check out this link to confirm that all options were off: Set up and use TTY or RTT on iPhone

This feature is a carrier feature. Did you reach out to your carrier to see if they have heard any reports of this happening on other devices? This would be a good place to start.

Let us know if we can help further.

Take care!

iPhone 11 switches to RTT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.