Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off lost mode once found

I lost my iphone and then found it. Now it is stuck on lost mode with a passcode I did not set and cannot find an email for. How can I turn my phone OFF lost mode? Or at least have the passcode that was created sent to me again to unlock it?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:20 AM

The passcode should be the same one it had when you put it into Lost mode. And you had to put it into Lost mode using either Find My on another phone or by logging in to https://icloud.com/find. Just log in to that same URL with the same Apple ID and password that you used when you put it into Lost mode and remove it from Lost mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 9:20 AM in response to DontCareNeedAnswer

The passcode should be the same one it had when you put it into Lost mode. And you had to put it into Lost mode using either Find My on another phone or by logging in to https://icloud.com/find. Just log in to that same URL with the same Apple ID and password that you used when you put it into Lost mode and remove it from Lost mode.

Aug 12, 2021 9:29 AM in response to DontCareNeedAnswer

Your phone had to have a passcode. You had to enter it any time you you unlocked the phone after it had been restarted. If you forgot it you can reset the phone to factory settings. See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

But if the phone is in Lost mode after resetting it you will still need to remove it from Lost mode, as I describe above.

However, if you got a replacement phone from insurance the one you found is the property of the insurance company; it is not yours anymore. To keep it would be insurance fraud.

turn off lost mode once found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.