Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Play Music through USB

Hi, I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.6) that has always played music perfectly through a USB cable plugged into my car’s port. A few days ago, this thing started happening where, when the phone is connected, to play music no audio comes out (even though the song says it is playing). It connects, shows that it’s charging and playing music, but nothing plays. I’ve restarted my phone, unplugged the USB, turned my car off and back on, messed with all volume settings, and nothing worked.. I have also changed cords and checked for debris. The port itself is working fine because it charges my phone. It’s also not my speakers because the radio works fine and I can connect an iPod with no issues. This is specific to my iPhone. If you could please help I’d really appreciate it!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:04 AM

Hello Kalisafire,

We would like to see how we can help you with connecting your iPhone to your car as expected. Please back up and update to our latest iOS, 14.7.1, and let us know if the issue persists. The steps in this link will walk you through the process: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies

Can’t Play Music through USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.