Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cartalina - Mail v14 signatures do not save

I am using Mail 14 with Big Sur (11.5.1) on an M1 MacBook Pro. I noted that when I close/open Mail or reboot, my signatures in Mail disappear. Very frustrating to recreate them. I have tried to add/delete Mail from iCloud with no success.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 5:14 PM

Thank you for the generic vanilla cut-paste useless answer. Everyone knows (or should) knows to try your suggestions. I was able to solve the problem by using a post by a user who suggested that I close Mail, log-out of iCloud, reboot, then log-in to iCloud. The process worked and signatures are retained as designed in Mail.

I hope this helps someone else.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 5:14 PM in response to kamote0628

Thank you for the generic vanilla cut-paste useless answer. Everyone knows (or should) knows to try your suggestions. I was able to solve the problem by using a post by a user who suggested that I close Mail, log-out of iCloud, reboot, then log-in to iCloud. The process worked and signatures are retained as designed in Mail.

I hope this helps someone else.

Aug 13, 2021 9:28 AM in response to php4u

Hi php4u, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are losing your signatures when you close Mail or turn off your device. Did you use the same steps in the article below may help to create your signature?

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, have you had the chance to check if the issue persists on a different user account? The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Take care!

Cartalina - Mail v14 signatures do not save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.