Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes match no longer works

Any update on when iTunes Match will start functioning again?

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 2:30 PM

8 replies

Sep 8, 2021 10:14 AM in response to gbsderm

I'm super scared to turn on sync on my iPod. Here's why.

I noticed that my iTunes was missing some albums (some of which i purchased from iTunes). My iPhone had those songs on it, so i turned on the sync, hoping my iTunes would add those songs. The warning message states that the songs will be deleted from iPhone and updated with Match settings. I turned it on anyways, and now those albums are missing from my iPhone AND iTunes. I really don't want to do the same now with my iPod because it's my last line of defense. If i turn on sync on my iPod, I KNOW match is going to remove those albums too. What do i do?

(Coveat: Luckily i have backups back in America of my entire library, but only up to March 2021 or so).

Itunes match no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.