Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open a specific website in Safari

Hello Everyone. I an unable to open a specific website on Safari

It successfully works in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox. I have tried opening it on other Macs in Safari as well, but with no luck.

This website runs an HTML game. So please look into this as I don't want to install other browsers just for one site.

• Device: MacBook Air M1 Chip
  • Safari Version (Latest 14.1.2)
  • macOS Big Sur (Latest 11.4.2)

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 10:05 AM

I can answer your question. If you are unable to access certain web sites  and getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers and specific versions of them. You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can continue to use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome as you have done. They can be individually updated as needed. One solution can be to update your operating system which will also update Safari, since it is installed as part of the OS. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. I hope this answers your question.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 10:05 AM in response to farajshaikh1

I can answer your question. If you are unable to access certain web sites  and getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers and specific versions of them. You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can continue to use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome as you have done. They can be individually updated as needed. One solution can be to update your operating system which will also update Safari, since it is installed as part of the OS. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. I hope this answers your question.

Unable to open a specific website in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.