Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I repaired my photo library 6 weeks ago and have been leaving my MacBook Pro connected to power with the Photos app closed. So far none of the photos have been scanned for faces. How can I get Photos to scan the faces in the photographs?

I repaired my photo library 6 weeks ago and have been leaving my MacBook Pro connected to power with the Photos app closed. So far none of the photos have been scanned for faces. How can I get Photos to scan the faces in the photographs?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 12:40 PM

Try this:

Quit photos

Open Activity Monitor

Find the process photoanalysisd

Quit that process (select it, then click on the "x" in the octagon at the top of the window)

Open photos

Walk away

Similar questions

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.