Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Big Sur vs the new Google Drive app for Mac

There's a crucial bug issue with the new Google Drive app for Mac. It cannot be used for multiple user accounts on the same machine. If I sign in, the other account will be disconnected and can't sign in, vice versa. I'm using OSX Big Sur (v11.5.1) on iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) with Google Drive app (v49.0.11.0).

I have tried to clean the cache in Drive FS folder (~/Library/Application Support/Google/DriveFS/) and have restarted multiple times as well as uninstalled and reinstall, no changes. Also Google won't allow users to download and install the old Backup & Sync app for Mac (before get replaced by Google Drive app).

I wanted to know if there are other users experiencing the same issue?

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 4:44 PM

This might help you use Google Drive with multiple mac accounts (not multiple Google accounts).

https://support.google.com/a/thread/118593009/drive-for-windows-unable-to-sign-in-to-multiple-accounts-can-t-load-account?hl=en

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 28, 2021 8:16 PM in response to bett3r

I need similar help too. I installed new google drive app on our new family imac. We share the same apple ID but my wife and I each login to the imac as different users.

First I logged in my wife's user account and installed new google drive app. It seems to work fine. Next, I switched to my user account then installed google drive. It seemed to work ok but when i click google drive icon it said. it could not load something and i need to disconnect. I also repeated these process several times in vain.

OSX Big Sur vs the new Google Drive app for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.