Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is on update 12.5.4 but doesn’t show an update available - what do I do?

My iPhone 6 is on update 12.5.4 but doesn’t have an available update and some of my apps now won’t open because my iOS is so far behind! I have plenty of memory space (over 3g) and backed up my phone on the cloud this morning! Does anyone know how to fix this!?!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 5:07 PM

6 replies

Aug 13, 2021 5:26 PM in response to MarmaladeNeko

Thanks for the help, guess I read the qualified versions wrong. my next phone won’t be a iPhone - this is BS, I have almost 4GB of unused storage and basically use my phone to web surf and Uber eats

(it’s not like my phone has any value towards a newer phone anyways so it’s not like there’s any incentive beyond being able to use my Kroger’s app)

Aug 13, 2021 5:33 PM in response to MarmaladeNeko

Your 4GB of space (which isn’t much by the way) has absolutely nothing to do with the RAM that is on your iPhone or the CPU it is running. The 6 series is 7 years old which is at least 2 generations in smartphones. It doesn’t matter which smartphone you buy you will eventually reach a point where it cannot run the latest OS. If you go with Android it won’t matter much as you won’t have many updates and probably won’t care.

My iPhone 6 is on update 12.5.4 but doesn’t show an update available - what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.