Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I want to add a second monitor to my iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). What a C-USB to HDMI cable suffice? What cable to I need to buy? I have a C-USB to four USB3.0. If I buy a USB3.0 cable to HDMI for the monitor, will this work?

Hi, I want to add a second monitor to my iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). Will a C-USB to HDMI cable for the monitor suffice?

I have a C-USB to four USB3.0. If I buy a USB3.0 cable to HDMI for the monitor, will this work or will it have to be directly from the iMac to the second monitor?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:19 AM

Nope, the 24” iMac supports one display from one of the Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/imac/connect-a-display-apd8cdd74f57/mac

2 replies

Hi, I want to add a second monitor to my iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). What a C-USB to HDMI cable suffice? What cable to I need to buy? I have a C-USB to four USB3.0. If I buy a USB3.0 cable to HDMI for the monitor, will this work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.