Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data source for step length

I accidently removed my iPhone as a data source for step length in the Health app, how do I add it again?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 10:32 AM

Hello Lanch1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you've accidentally removed your iPhone as a data source for step length in the Health App and would like to add it again. We're happy to help!

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Ensure Motion Calibration & Distance is enabled. This will enable Step Length.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 10:32 AM in response to Lanch1

Hello Lanch1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you've accidentally removed your iPhone as a data source for step length in the Health App and would like to add it again. We're happy to help!

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Ensure Motion Calibration & Distance is enabled. This will enable Step Length.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Data source for step length

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.