Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync pictures folder with iCloud

Hi there, I'd like to ask you if there's any way to sync the pictures folder from my MacBook with the iCloud. In other devices I see only the photos taken my my iPhone and not any pictures I store in pictures folder in my MacBook. Any help please?

Thank you in advance,

Lina

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 9:25 AM

Hello Lina1171,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about how to sync photos on your mac with iCloud, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

In order to sync photos to iCloud on your Mac, the photos will need to be in the Photos app. Here's a resource that can help:

Use iCloud Photos to store photos in iCloud

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 9:25 AM in response to Lina1171

Hello Lina1171,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about how to sync photos on your mac with iCloud, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

In order to sync photos to iCloud on your Mac, the photos will need to be in the Photos app. Here's a resource that can help:

Use iCloud Photos to store photos in iCloud

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

sync pictures folder with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.