Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS upate keeps freezing

How do I complete the MacOS 11.5.2 update when my computer keeps freezing. The update will not continue and I have tried various troubleshooting steps found on other support sites to no avail. Apple support site has no content that I can find to assist me. I need access to my computer so obviously it cannot stay in this limbo state for eternity.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 2:39 PM

Just how much Empty Space was on the drive Before attempting the 11.5.2 update - any ideas?? Much like the initial upGrade from Previous versions of macOS to Bug Sur, empty space is a requirement. Not the same amount but at least 15% of the total disk should be empty.

Further, was FileVault already enable before the 11.5.2 was attempted ?? If so, had FileVault finished Decrypting the drive ??

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 2:39 PM in response to MimiAdams

Just how much Empty Space was on the drive Before attempting the 11.5.2 update - any ideas?? Much like the initial upGrade from Previous versions of macOS to Bug Sur, empty space is a requirement. Not the same amount but at least 15% of the total disk should be empty.

Further, was FileVault already enable before the 11.5.2 was attempted ?? If so, had FileVault finished Decrypting the drive ??

Mac OS upate keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.