Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to get Mojave and Catalina installers?

Apple's support page with links to all the older OSX has links that don't work - they lead to the App Store which doesn't have these installers or to useless iTunes.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 4:20 AM

Your link connects to the Apple Support Downloads page, this only has updates for various OS's.

These updates do not install full working OS's.

The original question asked about accessing the App Store for the full installer apps for macOS Mojave

and macOS Catalina.

The OP has to open their Safari browser and click on the links provided by others in this thread.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 4:20 AM in response to penn177

Your link connects to the Apple Support Downloads page, this only has updates for various OS's.

These updates do not install full working OS's.

The original question asked about accessing the App Store for the full installer apps for macOS Mojave

and macOS Catalina.

The OP has to open their Safari browser and click on the links provided by others in this thread.

Aug 14, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Kurt Lang

If you're running 10.12 and try to get a 10.14 or 10.15 download from the App Store or via iTunes (ugh), it's not available.

If you're running 10.13 and try to get 10.14 or 10.15 download, software update takes you to the App Store & not available.

If you're running 10.14 and try to get 10.15, software update shows you an available 10.15 to upgrade.

So, I don't see a current workable way to get the 10.14 installer. And must be on 10.14 to get a 10.15 installer.

And to add insult to injury, many of Apple's links to supposedly lower than Big Sur versions now take you to Big Sur instead.

Aug 15, 2021 3:42 PM in response to NWman

Thanks everyone! I now have what I need & used to update 2 MBPs. I had no idea the links 7 downloads only work properly in Safari! Weird!

Not really weird. The other browsers have not implemented the App Store protocol for whatever reason. I don't know if it is a technical issue or something else. I seem to think Firefox used to support it, but I might be misremembering.

Where to get Mojave and Catalina installers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.