Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is Run From Error: SDErrorDomain error 108

that IS my question:

what is "Run From" Error: SDErrorDomain error 108

HOW do I defeat/avoid/reset it on external ssd with Mac OS 11.5.2 I think, installed and recognized by M1.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:12 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 16, 2021 7:06 AM in response to hermit78

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities hermit78,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you're having an issue with your Mac. We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, are you trying to reinstall the operating system? Do you know if your Mac has the Apple silicon M1 chip? 

Mac computers with Apple silicon

Are you trying to start up from an external drive to reinstall the operating system?

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS

If you can get back to us with answers to the above questions, we will be able to further assist.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Aug 16, 2021 2:49 PM in response to IndigoWinter

Big sur downloads th m1, then installs on external usb-C/3.2 connection with no issues,only when trying to select external as startup disk does system complains, last time said ssd not partitioned Apple readable, but it is, device info agrees. Error 108 is unsociable. Have another ssd on order, try again, buying m1 not make sense, if planned obsolescence is ~2years if run from 500gb m1 chip.

things i wish i’d known, vol.78.

Aug 18, 2021 7:14 AM in response to PRP_53

Good knowledge, but was able to run from this ext.ssd, before erasing both disks & re-downloading OS to both, Mac OS from Apple, but M1 chip says it has a ‘broken seal’, even after rewipe & redownloading Big Sur from apple.

Now, M1 ‘Broken Seal’ runs, but ext ssd won’t, system seems to refer to ext.ssd as not being formatted in ahci mode.

Gave up on this ssd, ordering new one, try, try again.

responses are educational, thank you, Apple Guyz, this MS-user appreciates them all.

what is Run From Error: SDErrorDomain error 108

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.