Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After water entered my iPhone screen is not responding

My device 12pro max has manufacturing defects and it is within the warranty period, water entered it and the screen is not responding

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:45 PM

The screen is not damaged, but the touch control has become a problem, and that's from inside the hardware device. Water enters the device without water remaining, and I did not put it in it. Rather, it is water in its own country. This is a manufacturing defect

13 replies

Aug 14, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Alaakhaledabdelhaiy

I'm trying to understand HOW water intrusion in your phone means you believe the phone has a manufacturing defect. Water destroys electronics. Liquid damage is not now, nor has it EVER been covered under warranty. To take it to Apple for evaluation, but if the moisture sensors have been tripped, be fully prepared for Apple to deny warranty support to a water damaged phone.

Aug 14, 2021 6:50 PM in response to Alaakhaledabdelhaiy

It doesn't matter what you were doing. If you were close enough to permit water to enter the phone, the phone is not defective. You damaged your phone by permitting the phone to come in contact with water. Apple does not warranty ANY phone for liquid damage. Be prepared to pay for an Out of Warranty replacement. Which per the price in this link from Apple, will cost you $599, unless you purchased AppleCare+ when you bought you phone, then the price to replace your phone will be $99. Note: Prices are US prices. Prices in other countries will be different, but inline with these prices.

Here's the link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Aug 14, 2021 6:23 PM in response to Alaakhaledabdelhaiy

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids—for example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents.

Pool water contains acid and chlorine.

After water entered my iPhone screen is not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.