Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The stolen mac

I lost my macbook pro, Up to know in find My it is seen as offline and I just locked it. How can I know if it has already been erased by a thief so as I forget about my personal data?

MacBook Pro 15″, 11.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:43 PM

You are not going to be able to confirm whether your stolen/lost MacBook Pro was erased or not. The chances of your MacBook Pro showing up again in your Find My app are almost close to zero. The thief is going to attempt to erase the MacBook Pro before it is brought back online with someone else's credentials.

It appears that you have Find My activated on your MacBook Pro. This will leave the Activation Lock on your MacBook Pro. Leave your MacBook under the device list of your Apple ID and the thief will not be able to remove the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 9:43 PM in response to Nyalandu

You are not going to be able to confirm whether your stolen/lost MacBook Pro was erased or not. The chances of your MacBook Pro showing up again in your Find My app are almost close to zero. The thief is going to attempt to erase the MacBook Pro before it is brought back online with someone else's credentials.

It appears that you have Find My activated on your MacBook Pro. This will leave the Activation Lock on your MacBook Pro. Leave your MacBook under the device list of your Apple ID and the thief will not be able to remove the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

The stolen mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.