Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in the Middle of an Update (iPhone XR)

Recently I have obtained new hardware for my iPhone XR to use. I have not updated to to lack of space and was initially at the later versions of iOS 13. This new hardware required me to update before using it. When I went to update through my iPhone itself, it was spitting out errors every time I tried to update.

I tried to circumvent this by going onto iTunes and updating from there. Everything was going fine, the update downloaded and my iPhone was updating, but then iTunes threw another error at me and now my iPhone is stuck on the updating screen (Apple logo with the progress bar).

I have had numerous experiences with my iPhone become "unresponsive" (laptop error message) while transferring photos straight from the phone onto my Windows 10 laptop. I suspect this might be the cause.

My iPhone is currently stuck on the updating screen (Apple logo with the progress bar) and I have no idea what to do. I have tried to force shutdown the phone but it will not shutdown.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply
1 reply

Error in the Middle of an Update (iPhone XR)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.