Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control destination of download from SD Card reader on 2021 Mac 24"

I have a new 2021 Mac 24". I want to download images from my camera card to my computer but I do NOT want them in the Apple Photos app.

How do I do that?

Does it depend on which card reader I purchase?

Is there a setting on my computer somewhere that I can use to control the destination of these files?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 2:35 PM

Hi

Use the image capture app. (hit cmd-space and type in image). It downloads to a folder of your choice. You can set it to automatically open and copy when you plug in the card (I believe - never tried it for myself)

Or just use finder - and drag/drop from the card to wherever you want them. A card in a card reader is just another drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 2:35 PM in response to KnappStreetUser

Hi

Use the image capture app. (hit cmd-space and type in image). It downloads to a folder of your choice. You can set it to automatically open and copy when you plug in the card (I believe - never tried it for myself)

Or just use finder - and drag/drop from the card to wherever you want them. A card in a card reader is just another drive.

Control destination of download from SD Card reader on 2021 Mac 24"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.