Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email account

Hi there!

I was going to set my iCloud email account as default for sending and receiving emails on my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.7) but it doesn't show up amongst my other accounts in Settings>Mail>Default accounts. It does, however, show up in Settings>Mail>Accounts. Has anybody got an idea as to how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 9:39 AM

Hi Leko_R,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with changing your default mail account on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

If your iCloud mail is enabled you should be able to view the option to select from Default Accounts, as shown here: Using your @icloud.com email address. We recommend navigating to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on.

If turned on and the issue remains, ensure you can successfully send a message from your iCloud account. The steps in the section "If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" from the article here can assist: If iCloud Mail isn't working

Should the email send as expected, test the method in the section "Send an email from a different account" from the guide here as well: Address and send email in Mail on iPhone

Additionally, you can test a normal restart of your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 9:39 AM in response to Leko_R

Hi Leko_R,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with changing your default mail account on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

If your iCloud mail is enabled you should be able to view the option to select from Default Accounts, as shown here: Using your @icloud.com email address. We recommend navigating to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on.

If turned on and the issue remains, ensure you can successfully send a message from your iCloud account. The steps in the section "If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" from the article here can assist: If iCloud Mail isn't working

Should the email send as expected, test the method in the section "Send an email from a different account" from the guide here as well: Address and send email in Mail on iPhone

Additionally, you can test a normal restart of your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Cheers!

iCloud email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.