Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding Pages

I have imported/downloaded documents to Pages on my IPad that are in the cloud. How do I recover these documents. I can see them but they are greyed out and won’t open.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:53 PM

Question: Are the documents that you downloaded in the Pages or MS Word format? The reason I ask because when you open Pages and then search for documents from pages, then the documents that are not in Pages or MS Word format then they will appear greyed out and won't open. For example, PDF documents won't open.

If your documents are in Pages or Word format and they are greyed out then the issue is something else. Are they greyed out with a Cloud symbol next to their names? If YES then they are still in Cloud and need to be downloaded to your iPad. I recommend that you try and double click on those documents from outside of pages and see whether the download process begins. I am also assuming that you have enough free space on your iPad Pro as well.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 6:53 PM in response to GA8358

Question: Are the documents that you downloaded in the Pages or MS Word format? The reason I ask because when you open Pages and then search for documents from pages, then the documents that are not in Pages or MS Word format then they will appear greyed out and won't open. For example, PDF documents won't open.

If your documents are in Pages or Word format and they are greyed out then the issue is something else. Are they greyed out with a Cloud symbol next to their names? If YES then they are still in Cloud and need to be downloaded to your iPad. I recommend that you try and double click on those documents from outside of pages and see whether the download process begins. I am also assuming that you have enough free space on your iPad Pro as well.

Axel F.

Regarding Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.