Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting personalized notifications on Macbook Pro M1

What I mean by personalized, is that I have set up notifications to be shown at all times, even when the MacBook is closed. I tested this out and sent an email to myself. I selected all the notifications correctly. Set to show up Always, On Lock Screen, etc. I didn't get the notification until I opened the MacBook and used Touch ID to unlock it. THEN I got the notification.

I didn't even get the notification tone that I had any notifications. I truly don't know what I am doing wrong. Also, I turned off Do Not Disturb "When the Display is Sleeping" but I still get that moon up in the menu bar when I open and unlock the MacBook. Would love to know if I am doing this correctly or not. Show Previews is set to Always.

Are these bugs in Big Sur? I have the new 11.5.2 update. I don't know if that helps but I thought I would share it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 3:48 AM

Use wrote " even when the MacBook is closed. " The computer notifications does not function like the iPhone where and when the iPhone is " asleep " it is still on and notifications are presented.

The laptop, when lid is closed - it basically is not really in any position to receive any notifications at all. Only once the Lid is Opened and Touch ID is used to wake from sleep will the Notifications appear. That is by design.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 3:48 AM in response to aggressivility

Use wrote " even when the MacBook is closed. " The computer notifications does not function like the iPhone where and when the iPhone is " asleep " it is still on and notifications are presented.

The laptop, when lid is closed - it basically is not really in any position to receive any notifications at all. Only once the Lid is Opened and Touch ID is used to wake from sleep will the Notifications appear. That is by design.

Not getting personalized notifications on Macbook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.