Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to upadte my iphone as it says you are no longer connected to internet

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 10:26 PM

Yash_01 Said:

"Still facing same problem"

-------

Use Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. But this time, user Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 10:26 PM in response to Yash_01

Yash_01 Said:

"Still facing same problem"

-------

Use Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. But this time, user Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Aug 15, 2021 10:00 PM in response to Yash_01

Yash_01 Said:

"I am not able to upadte my iphone as it says you are no longer connected to internet"

-------

What to Try:

A. Try Hard-Restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very-Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power On: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

B. Restore from a Backup:

Back Up your iPhone First: Make a backup of your iPhone using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the new installation.  Important: Be certain that you backup your iPhone, prior to this installation.

C. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

I am not able to upadte my iphone as it says you are no longer connected to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.