Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone - email Compromised- malware?

Hello! I made the mistake of clicking on a link from a contact I thought I could trust. The link brought me to a sign-in page where I entered in my email address and password. Shortly after realizing my mistake I reset my password and settings for my email account. Is it possible that by clicking the link that my iPhone is now infected with a virus or malware? If so what is the recommended course of action?

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 10:19 AM

I doubt that your iPhone will be infected with a virus. However, you may have opened yourself up to receiving spam to that email account (even though you changed the password - a spammer doesn't need to know your password to send you email). If you suspect something is awry, try this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Also,

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Golden_Retriever1

I doubt that your iPhone will be infected with a virus. However, you may have opened yourself up to receiving spam to that email account (even though you changed the password - a spammer doesn't need to know your password to send you email). If you suspect something is awry, try this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Also,

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

iPhone - email Compromised- malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.