You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My download for my new phone is taking forever

New iPhone 12pro max. Taking forever to download for set up. I have restarted phone.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 12:50 PM

The download time it takes to set up your new iPhone will be dependent on, at least, two things:

1. The amount of data you had backed up, and to where (computer or iCloud)
  2. Your overall network bandwidth.

Not sure what you quantify as being "forever." Regardless, one method to speed things up is to connect your phone directly to a Mac or PC running iTunes/Finder during the setup process. The support article you came here from should have provided you with that information.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2021 12:50 PM in response to bonny243

The download time it takes to set up your new iPhone will be dependent on, at least, two things:

1. The amount of data you had backed up, and to where (computer or iCloud)
  2. Your overall network bandwidth.

Not sure what you quantify as being "forever." Regardless, one method to speed things up is to connect your phone directly to a Mac or PC running iTunes/Finder during the setup process. The support article you came here from should have provided you with that information.

My download for my new phone is taking forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.