Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to take backup from iphone 11 on itune Version 12.11.4.15

unable to take backup from iPhone 11 on iTunes Version 12.11.4.15

any inputs on what is required?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 9:19 PM

11 replies

Aug 22, 2021 4:09 AM in response to VPM555

VPM555 wrote:

still getting following message, when i login to Itune and click on the mobile icon

Your image was missing but I've managed to grab some of it when quoting your message. I suspect you're running the Microsoft Store version of iTunes. Uninstall that and then install using the traditional iTunes64Setup.exe installer you get from apple.com: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64.

tt2

Aug 17, 2021 5:36 AM in response to VPM555

I suggest a full tear down and rebuild then. Reinstall as administrator. If the current build still doesn't work uninstall again and try the previous build.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

unable to take backup from iphone 11 on itune Version 12.11.4.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.