Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITUNES DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IPOD

I've never had a problem until 2 days ago. my old ipod 5th generation all of a sudden itunes doesn't recognize it. using an original cord. bought a new cord from apple store. still not recognized. help!!

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 7:51 AM

Try iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows - Apple Community. Despite the title the same steps can help with older devices.

tt2

5 replies

Aug 20, 2021 12:12 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you very much for your help. Nothing would work. Tried several different cords. none of them allowed my sweet old ipod to be recognized by the computer or itunes. I took it to the Apple store. That was funny. My ipod is older than all the people trying to help. I bought another cord that they suggested. They plugged it into one of their computers and it never showed up. I took it to a repair store that tried all kinds of diagnostics. They decided it is probably a problem with the port on my ipod. They cant replace it because it requires soldering and they don't do that.

I tried all the cleaning of the port i could find and checked for bent pins etc. my eyes couldn't see any damaged pins but something must be wrong that i'm not smart enough to notice.

For one brief second, the computer gave that beep, beep, beep signaling that the device was recognized by the computer. By the time i got to "My computer", the icon for the ipod was gone and no matter how many times i tried resetting the ipod or restarting the computer... i never heard the beep beep beep again.

I've thrown up my hands. I bought an ipod touch 7th generation. My music is synched! my old ipod classic (my best friend and love of my life) still works, just wont update.

I really appreciate your help . I wish something had worked. I love my old ipod.

xoxo mary

Aug 17, 2021 6:15 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you! No fluff spotted. It charges with original cord and new cord from apple store. Computer charges it but doesn't show it as connected. Itunes doesnt recognize it. Ipod does all it's supposed to do but won't sync with Itunes or show up as connected to computer. Doesn't show up on other computers. Any other things I can try? Thank you.

ITUNES DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IPOD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.