Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red dot on I phone when making calls ?

Yes, I did read an answer.

But, I still haven't got it???

So, I place a call and have the orange/red dot in the top right corner of my screen?

The answer is microphone is on..... So the person on the other end can hear me?!?

One answer was an app is being used?!? If I am on a call I am not using an app, so what is the right answer?? Why did the o/r dot just know show up?

I have been a customer for years and obviously made calls before, so where was the dot then? Call me paranoid but

I don't like having a o/r dot on the top of my screen when I place a call!!!

I for one would like to know if or how I can get rid of it????? Still allowing the person on the other end to hear me.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 12:16 AM

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar 

With iOS 14, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

• An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

• A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 12:16 AM in response to Jasper_harley

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar 

With iOS 14, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

• An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

• A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.