Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads updates

i want to download free apps on my i phone and I want to update the apps on my i phone but I can’t because it keeps asking for a payment method even tho I’m not buying anything.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 12:29 AM

Ixpiggies Said:

"Downloads updates: i want to download free apps on my i phone and I want to update the apps on my i phone but I can’t because it keeps asking for a payment method even tho I’m not buying anything."

-------

Any Method of Payment:

You need at least one method of payment in there. So, make sure you have one. Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 12:29 AM in response to Ixpiggies

Ixpiggies Said:

"Downloads updates: i want to download free apps on my i phone and I want to update the apps on my i phone but I can’t because it keeps asking for a payment method even tho I’m not buying anything."

-------

Any Method of Payment:

You need at least one method of payment in there. So, make sure you have one. Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support

Aug 17, 2021 12:20 AM in response to Ixpiggies

If you can't choose None as a payment method only if...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

Downloads updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.