Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into Google chrome

I try to log into Google Chrome on my MacBook Pro and when it takes me to the page to login, I enter my email address and click next and then nothing happens. The page just sits there it doesn’t advance to allow me to enter my password. I can log into Google Chrome on my iPhone. I’ve reset everything and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome and it’s made no difference I can’t sign into Gmail I can’t sign into chrome it just freezes every time I try to login.

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 7:31 AM

Restart into Safe Mode, and try again. This Safe Mode boot disables various add-ons, a d rebuilds caches.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Remove any add-on VPN client apps, any add-on anti-malware apps, add-on cleaner apps, add-on ad-blocking apps or extensions, or other such, and try your tests again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 7:31 AM in response to acsand6

Restart into Safe Mode, and try again. This Safe Mode boot disables various add-ons, a d rebuilds caches.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Remove any add-on VPN client apps, any add-on anti-malware apps, add-on cleaner apps, add-on ad-blocking apps or extensions, or other such, and try your tests again.

Aug 17, 2021 7:35 AM in response to acsand6

Google Chrome, the Browser We Love To Hate.

Take a look at this an hopefully it may help.

To solve Google Chrome problems running on your mac, consider clearing browsing data under the Chrome settings. This helps free up memory. In case there are extensions that are not in use, you can uninstall them. If this does not work, you can restart Chrome or the computer to enhance the speed.

Close Apple Mail and restart your Mac. Deactivate Gmail on your Mac, then activate it again. Remove Gmail from your Mac, then add it again. Remove Gmail from Keychain and enter your password manually.

Aug 17, 2021 7:51 AM in response to acsand6

acsand6 wrote:

I try to log into Google Chrome on my MacBook Pro and when it takes me to the page to login, I enter my email address and click next and then nothing happens. The page just sits there it doesn’t advance to allow me to enter my password. I can log into Google Chrome on my iPhone. I’ve reset everything and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome and it’s made no difference I can’t sign into Gmail I can’t sign into chrome it just freezes every time I try to login.

For your third party app— search Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/Compatibility

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/23340584/i-cannot-sign-into-my-google-chrome-account?hl=en

Cannot log into Google chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.